Just for fun, I took a basic Spanish course early 2004 back in uni, which got me interested in the language and the places where it's spoken. In the following few years, I ended up taking most of the classes available at the language centre. They've got some awesome teachers there!
Obviously, classes only get you so far. Travelling in Spain (a few times), Cuba, Costa Rica, Panama, Argentina and Mexico has made all the difference.
It's funny how once you get to know Spanish, you hear it a lot, almost everywhere. I've met a lot of people just through speaking Spanish in unexpected places like Germany.
Speaking Spanish, I often like to put on a slightly Cuban accent which I found gracioso.
Top Network Posts
- 265Can you find all classes in a package using reflection?
- 207How can I Initialize a static Map?
- 144How can I download an entire website?
- 115What is the difference between Hudson and CruiseControl for Java projects?
- 108Any way to send a personal message to another user?
- 93How to respond with HTTP 400 error in a Spring MVC @ResponseBody method returning String?
- 80Best way to create an empty map in Java
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.